Easy DIY Updos For Everyday Style

An updo is simply arranging the hair in a bun or a pony tail instead of letting it hang freely around the face.  These days updos are no longer the formal stiff looking buns and knots that women used to fashion during proms, weddings or other formal occasion.  Instead modern updos are more soft, sexy and feminine.  Modern updos can now be done quickly and can be worn during any occasion, making an easy DIY updo accessible to any woman.

For the modern woman an updo is not just a fashion statement, it is a must.  Mothers and career women feel that they can move around more freely when not constricted by long hair.  The updo is not just for straight haired women, they are also for the curly haired.  Doing your hair does not have to necessarily mean an expensive trip to the hair salon or the stylists'.  It can be done cheaply and in a short time right in your own home. 

\"Great Hair\"

For the most basic updo, you can just tie your hair in a pony tail and be done with it.  Another way to do a basic updo is to gather your hair in one hand and raise it behind your neck.  Pull your hair into a twist and secure the twisted hair with hair pins or those specially designed hair-claws.  Let the ends hang freely.  To add more style, pull some hair out from the side of your face and let them frame your face.  By allowing some wisps of your hair to fall freely, your updo is softer and more feminine.  You don't have to worry about your hair being messy despite the clips and hair pins.  Most celebrities wear their updos in this messy style.  This casual hairstyle can be worn not only at home or at work but can be worn during any event. 

Easy DIY Updos For Everyday Style

For my personal updo, which I wear everyday at home and when I go out.  I wash my hair and apply conditioner.  I towel dry my hair and if I don't need to go out I don't use blow dryers instead opting to have my hair dry naturally.  When my hair is finally dry I put on some leave on conditioner or hair gloss.  Since I have black hair these products will make my hair shinier.  I put on a head band to keep the hair out of my eyes.  I usually choose those elastic kinds with colorful patterns.  After I secure my head band, I gather the rest of my hair at the back of my neck and depending on my mood I usually secure my hair low, just at my nape, or when I am going out for a night in town with my friends or have to go to a business meeting I secure it in a pony tail high on my head.  My hair is shoulder length so instead of finishing the pony tail, and pulling the hair out all the way out the scrunchie, I let a small bun form and arrange the hair I have pulled out to cover the bun and scrunchie.  This style is casual and messy but it can be worn to formal occasions too. 

The updo is a very versatile hairstyle, so you can personalize it to suit your needs, mood or the event you have to attend.  You can try accessorizing your updo with barrettes, hair clips or bobby pins.  You can also try curling those loose tendrils with a curling iron if you have straight hair to add variety and style to your updo.  A casual messy updo is the best look for any occasion. It is easy and fun to do.  This look is easy on the budget too.

Easy DIY Updos For Everyday Style

There are many other ways of doing updos. So do not be afraid to experiment and try out new styles. An updo style is out there waiting for you to try out. Get more great Hair Updo Ideas at http://www.HairUpdosBlog.com